King Kamehameha Day is celebrated every year on June 11 in Hawaii to honor the fearless ruler.
“Kamehameha the Great” was known to be a fearless warrior, a wise diplomat and a highly-respected leader. In 1810, King Kamehameha I united the Hawaiian Islands into one royal kingdom, after years of near-endless conflict.
Kamehameha Day is a Hawaiian public holiday that includes a day off for the general public. The Kamehameha Statue in front of Aliiolani Hale and Iolani Palace on King Street in downtown Honolulu is wrapped in long strands of lei during the draping ritual. Parades and other floral arrangements are also part of the celebrations.
Here are some messages, courtesy the Festive Boy, to share on this day.
1. Let us not forget that a celebration on Kamehameha Day is a sign of togetherness for the entire nation.
2. Celebrating this day enables the society to appreciate our differences and live on with it.
3. On this day, events must be held as a token of appreciation and recognition for the great King’s work.
4. This is the day when different cultures must meet together and recognize each other.
5. An important objective of this Day is to show the great unity in our vast diversity.
6. Hawaii is a paradise born of fire, so let us keep that fire going.
7. The beautiful Hawaii shall never be divided again, for that was the wish of the King.
8. Let the parade go on forever in the name of our great King Kamehameha I.
9. The past shall never be forgotten for that is what makes up the future.
10. The King may die but let his name triumph from this day forward.
The post King Kamehameha Day: Messages To Share In Honor Of The Fearless Warrior appeared first on International Business Times.Last Update: Sat, 11 Jun 22 07:52:43